Recent Case Results
Successful Medical Malpractice Attorney in Portland
At The Law Offices of Patrick L. Block, P.C., we are proud of our lengthy
track record of success. With more than 20 years of experience, our medical
malpractice lawyer has handled hundreds of injury cases. Now, he focuses
his practice completely on medical malpractice claims. With prodigious
negotiation and litigation skills, he has
recovered millions of dollars for our clients in both verdicts and settlements.
We've handled numerous medical malpractice lawsuits involving a wide
variety of medical issues. Below are representative medical malpractice
cases which we have handled resulting in substantial settlements or jury verdicts.
Read examples of some of our most recent case results and set up your
free case evaluation to learn how we may be able to help you recover deserved compensation.
- Blindness due to improper management of anesthesia during a spinal surgery.
Cancer Treatment Malpractice
- Removal of healthy breast due to misplaced port-a-cath during chemotherapy
resulting in extravasation of chemotherapy agents that killed the breast tissue.
- Unconsented radiation therapy administered to a patient that went through
- Severe vaginal injury from improperly performed cone biopsy.
- Bowel injury during D&C procedure due to improper use of tools.
- Severed ureter during a hysterectomy procedure causing a vesicovagincal fistula.
- Injection of unknown substance into patient due to hospital's mishandling
of anesthesia syringes during surgery.
- Stage IV pressure ulcer from an x-ray board left under the patient after
a hip surgery.
Nursing Home / Assisted Living Malpractice
- Wrongful death of an 80 year old woman due to failure to properly monitor
her resulting in her wandering off sight unassisted and falling in the street.
- Failure to treat infection of below-knee amputation leading to the need
for an above-knee amputation.
- Wrongful death of 92 year old woman due to negligent supervision during
the night, leading to fatal fall from bed.
- Erb's palsy paralysis caused by neglect to monitor mother's diabetes
during pregnancy, resulting in an abnormally large baby that caused delivery
- Severe injury to eye due to improper performance of sinus surgery.
- Failure to diagnose abdominal abscess leading to permanent colostomy.
- Sponge left in a 12 year old girl's head after cranial surgery resulting
- Wrongful death of an infant due to misdiagnosed meningitis.
- Wrongful death of an infant due to failure to recognize and treat significant
weight loss of infant after birth.
- Wrongful death of a 19 year old woman due to misdiagnosed kidney infection.
- Wrongful death of a 36 year old woman due to delay in diagnosing kidney cancer.
- Wrongful death of a 43 year old woman due to negligent post-operative evaluation
and treatment following a myomectomy surgery
Attorney Block is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®,
a group restricted to attorneys who have recovered $1 million or more
in individual verdicts or settlements on behalf of their clients. In addition,
he is a member of The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, which
is a prestigious invitation-only organization.